Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On Set: TV Series One

Last week I spent three days on set of my first TV series.  It is a docudrama, you know the type of show where all the reenactment happens while a deep voiced narrator explains what is happening.  The show is called Perfect Storms and it will begin airing early next year on History Channel North America.

I always imagined that my first show would be an interesting experience but I had no idea it would be like this. I spent three days in a simulated hurricane, as I was playing a key person involved with the hurricane of 1900 that destroyed Galveston Texas and killed about 10,000 people.  Day one was mostly wind turbines and rain towers outside, with stuff blowing around me. But on day two and three we went to studio.  They had built two small swimming pools and in one they built the living room of a house, and the other the exterior of a house and an enormous pile of debris surrounding it.  Inside the house knee deep in water as the storm grew worse.  Outside the house floating in a period costume up to my neck while rain towers and wind turbines blew all around me.  What an experience.  

Truly a great introduction to the world of acting in television.

2 comments:

  1. So proud every time I read one of your entries. I know how hard you've worked - I remember when...lol.

    No one deserves success more than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ah the remember when...so many thoughts

      Delete