Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Asher Lev III: Progress


Where are we?  Ah, yes the middle of page thirty five, the first section of my monster three page monologue, my explanation of why I have done the paintings.

Where are we? Page twenty three, the end of the first act, the impact my art has on family.
Where are we? Page forty five, the final plea to the audience.

And so this question comes up time and time again, and the responses run in my head as I piece the show together.  Two weeks ago, pages equalled lines of text, that I was working to remember.  Today, when I am off book, as is the rest of the cast, and we have been running bits of the show together, pages are places in time, notices to where we are in the story.  

The show is becoming cohesive.  The lines are no longer lines but parts of a story which I am telling, and hoping you will be caught up in, that you will relate too.  I have gone beyond memorization to a point of understanding, of being, of sharing my Asher Lev life because it is who I am for a little while.  It is exciting to feel it coming together.  To hear myself, my fellow actors, and have it all pulling together, gathering steam, to a show that opens in twenty five ish days.

No comments:

Post a Comment