Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thank you: A response to blogs on Asher Lev

 A few days ago I was talking to a friend, a fellow climber, at the gym.  As we chatted he let me know that he followed this blog, that occasionally he would pop on and catch up with some of my posts.  He said he enjoyed reading about the process and getting insight into my actor's mind, that it was interesting to see another side of me, outside of my climber self that he knows.  I was shocked, pleasantly, someone; who I would not think of as reading my blog, is reading it.  

In my mind, a few of my actor friends would be my readers, if someone was thinking of casting me they may have look at it; basically if someone had an acting link to me then there was a chance it would get read.  I was definitively wrong.  In being so I was reminded that as a performer I appeal to a wide variety of people, that my craft and my talent can affect those outside of my acting circle.  It was humbling to be reminded of this.  Why?  Because I follow my craft for a love of the craft itself and part of that love, part of what the craft entails for me is effecting my audience.  I had that as a view of audience and performer on stage.  But it goes beyond that:  Stage, Film, TV, Commercial, Blog...one in the same; they are ways in which I potentially effect.

So I send out a special thank you to N. for bringing this point home to me.  I also thank anyone who reads, who skims, who visits this blog.  I appreciate that you are there, I am pleased to know that in some way I effect and that you participate by allowing yourself to be effected.

With Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment