Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Asher Lev VII: Opening Night

Sitting in the dressing room after the matinee preview show; doing some work, typing this blog and waiting on opening night.  Yes, tonight is opening.  All the work, all the time, all the studying, practicing everything comes down to one performance, the opening tonight.  It is no different from any other time I perform, or rehearse.  I give it my all, dig for the deepest me that I can give and I go on stage. So I wonder why are there nerves associated to it.

I have pondered this and I finally came to this realization: I fear messing up because I feel judged by the crowd. I know it is not their intention, it is my feeling.  In realizing this, I can now let it go.  I give myself permission to screw up, knowing the audience only wants me to do well so that they may enjoy.  They are judging but they are forgiving if I forge ahead and allow both of us to forget it.  With that said my nerves sit less on edge.

I look forward to entertaining and playing for a crowd tonight.  Thank you audience for your support as there would be nothing without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment