Search This Blog

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Down Time!

Since mid August when I started writing again I have endeavored to write a post every week.
Last week I missed one.
As you know I was sick, I got healthier, then there was the feeling of catching up, running about for the Christmas shopping, putting up the tree, cooking, hosting a party….

Sounds like excuses to me.

I actually felt guilty for not writing at one point, and I thought to myself,
"Next week when it's time to write again, give your readers an apology."
So I've been contemplating that all week.  Fortunately most of this week I had off.
I was relaxing, having got a lot of the things done I need done, when it hit me.

No matter what we do, how heavy or light the load may seem, regardless of any circumstance
We all need down time.
I commented on it with a friend who works seven days a week.  I offered advice that they need a break
And so it hit me.
I didn't neglect my blog, or my readers, my body was telling me I needed some down time from writing.

Its been a new venture and I have been at it diligently since its undertaking.
I needed a bit of a break. That's all.
We all need a break sometimes.

Merry Christmas everyone.  I'll write next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment