Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

When comes the time?

The pursuit of one's dream is something I believe is vital to life.
Understanding what the dream is
Guides so many choices and decisions
Dreams by whisperfall on deviantART
whisperfall.deviantart.com

It is in the pursuit of a dream 
Where things of value and promise are lost
In the hope of attaining what feels greater

Our greatness our dream is but an intangible
Its pursuit goes against the old adage
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"
But the two in the bush is what we artists bank our lives on

At what cost?
I've wondered that lately
What things have I put on the way side?
While I relentlessly pursue my dream


Truthfully I see them as too many to count
They are there not as regrets but facts
As I recount them I wonder about a dreams value
And I am reminded of a story I lived

Sitting in a university classroom
Discussing with professor and peers 
The daunting task of finding our careers 
In the not too distant future

All of us full of desire
Each one of us aware of the risk
Debating which will weigh on us more
When on student speaks truth

"When comes the time to put bread on the table?"
A simple query
One which provokes thought
The room goes silent

As that thought resonates through me today
I look at the dream and question
What other dreams lie idle in the face of this one?
Maybe it is time for some other dreams



No comments:

Post a Comment