Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Coffee Shop

I think that mindset is important to any activity.
You know what I mean
Taking that moment to mentally psyche yourself up
So you can get off the couch and go out to meet a friend
So you can get to work on a day you don't want to
To get in your head space.

Well for me learning new script requires:
The right head space 
and 
The right physical space

I don't know what makes it work so well for me
But sitting in a coffee shop and running lines 
Feels so ideal

Coffee shop - not Starbucks, Timmies or some chain
That indie place that is tucked away and has just the right ambiance
Today I went to Merchants of Green Coffee.
They have what feels like a early pioneer general store 
You order coffee find a spot and sit

Today I sat in an old couch with a cool railway trolley thing for coffee table
I rested my coffee on it
Reached into my bag
Pulled out the script
Two hours later
Left with a huge chunk of script understood and committed to my mind.

Day was good.
Felt like an actor.
Cost 3.00 and the coffee was amazing.

Oh to be able to do that every day of my life.

It is not far away come to the Fringe and see me in 
The Assassination of Rob Ford: Dirty Little Coward

No comments:

Post a Comment