Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

Focus and Creativity

There is a belief held by many:
That the external reflects the internal.
This is something that I subscribe to.
Recently I moved.
I found myself working hard to get the space sorted out - balanced I thought at one point.
When I said this to myself I realized how true it was:
I was out of balance because my space was out of balance.

From this thought came the next one:
If I am out of balance then my creative energy and skill is also out of balance.
As an actor this is not good.
I took a step back and examined a bit further.
As I thought I extrapolated this next thought.

If my body is the home of my soul (creativity) and my body is out of balance....
Yes it seemed to make sense to me that for the inner energy and creativity to flow
Then any vessel that I have immediate control over must be in a balance for me.
For me to reach a focus and have ability to channel my creativity then I must control my environment.

That environment is first and foremost my physical body, then my living space, then the area I live in, then the area I work in, then the area and people I choose to hang out with.  I have discovered through recent weeks when these things are organized then so my creativity flows.  Bit by bit, piece by piece I recognize and see more ideas, thoughts, feelings of a creative nature flowing.  And so for me this belief of external effecting internal holds true.  

If I am to continue on my creative path I must keep my external elements in a state which I feel is balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment