Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Audition Updates (2010-09-14)

So as you know I was away for a long time.
My agent told me that I had to get myself out there and push for me
So I have been doing all I can to do so.

The Complex at the Toronto Fringe
Moose Bloop! ensemble creation with Mirador
Meeting next week to see about getting Mirador shows in Toronto

Finally working my ass off to get some auditions for shows that have some punch to them; so my resume is jumped up a bit

Last night I auditioned for Equus and have already begun discussion with Equity to get a waiver for this unpaid non union show. The director asked me to read a specific part and get back to her tomorrow.

Tonight I auditioned for a Judith Thompson's new play, still unpublished it is an adaptation of Hedda Gabler. I just got a call back for the male lead.

No nothing is written in stone, no I don't have a part, yet; but it feels good to be out there, to be considered for things that have the potential to change my path. Proactive me is fighting for the dream, no my dreams because I believe in this and always have. I will turn it around and this career which feels stale will flourish.


No comments:

Post a Comment