Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Demo Reel (2006-12-15)

Finally it is done. I learned a lot doing this project. Scheduling people can be challenging. I was fortunate to have a number of people donate their time and in respect to that I felt in only appropriate to work around their schedules (you still have to pay the bills) I also learned a lot about the film process. When I did my first demo I just went to an editor with a bunch of clips and told him what to do with them. It took about an hour and all was taken care of. With this project I got a director, an editor, a camera man, the works. For some reason I did not realize that this would be exactly like shooting a film. I rehearsed and then it goes into the hands of the director, who then takes it to the editor and they come out with a film. I had this impression that it was still up to me to oversee everything and direct the editor and the director. I must have seemed like a freak to these people as I stepped on toes trying to stay in control. In the end I caught on and I stepped back. The result, I really like the final product and I am confident that it is better than anything I could produce as I put it in the capable hands of the people who do this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment