Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

First Steps (2006-11-03)

It is 9:46pm and I have just sent out the invitations for the first public reading of my one man show. For those of you who don't know I am developing a one man show. I consulted with people and found out that the best approach is do some workshopping and see where it sits with an audience. 

Rather scary first step. My "dramaturge" likes the script and thinks it is ready for this but it is a bit nerve wracking. The story is a personal one and I am putting it out there for the world to hear. After doing research I belive this story has merit for an audience. It is still challenging to put my work on. 

Isn't that what we do all the time though? As actors? We create something and spread ourselves out infront of an audience for scrutiny. This is a new step in that exposure, not just my character creation, but my words, my story too. It can only help me to grow as a performer and bring me closer to my goals. 

For the moment I will breathe. Stay in touch with the site for updates on the growth of this project and in March come to see the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment