Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Union Hassles (2010-09-20)

Okay so time to write a bit of a bitch session. A short one but one that I need to get off my chest. I have a decent resume, with a bunch of leading role stuff, but because it has not been done with recognized companies, or has been seen I don't often get auditions with companies that can help to grow my career. 

I know from the responses that I have been getting that my acting is in the right place. My last three auditions the directors have told me that I am solid and would have cast me...and here is the but

because I am Union they can't. See I have been trying to audition for some non-union companies hoping that I can get a waiver to grow my resume with larger roles, more recognizable roles, more recognized smaller companies. This is a good plan, but in the end it is still easier to hire the guy who they don't have to do the paperwork for. It also means I am just on par or slightly above not Dustin Hoffman above the other talent auditioning or they would fight to have me.

At least I know I am doing the right thing. Now how do I get my status as a union member to work for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment