Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Realizing Rehearsal & Fear (2006-11-15)

I just sent out the reminder for my read through next Tuesday. Holy s@%*, next Tuesday. As the day draws nearer my nerves seem to rise just a little bit. Feeling overwhelmed with it right now. I posted before that this is a scary first step. As it gets closer it becomes more real and the fears get a little closer to the surface. Will people like the story? Will they relate to it? Do they see its universal application? Have I written a convincing story that can be followed? Are my choices for telling it valuable and believable? All these things sit in my mind and my heart. These obstacles are large and I will face them next week. Until then realizing how to face them is important.. Although this is reading it still needs practice. I just sat down and charted out personal rehearsal time. If I am to overcome the above fears I need to be ready, and like an athlete or an ancient warrior I need to train. That training: rehearsal, an actors play time. I am glad I just wrote that, the one thing that minimizes some of the fear is the memory that this is play and it is what I love. Looking forward to rehearsal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment