Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ten: Day One (2011-02-19)

I must admit I am a bit lax on keeping this up to date; however, so much has been happening I have not had a chance to do this. So as a flash back to the day, here are my recollections on shooting my most recent independent film entitled Ten.

Arriving at set in Mississauga. This rustic house in the city, surrounded by forest, felt like I was in the country. It was great to be there, Jerrold Karch, who I worked with in The Complex, played the doctor who delivers the bad news which catapults this story forward. It was a short day for Jerrold but a fun one for us. Laughing and joking, creating new memories.

The set was impressive, an old bedroom, set up to look like a hospital room. Every time I step on a set I am amazed by how crews transform one place into another. The hospital room was where I played. First with Jerrold and then with Ryan Fisher, who played my sick brother. Ryan and I hit it off right away and the gags on set were abundant. Lots of laughter throughout the day.

It was necessary as the material was pretty heavy. Dialogue with a dying brother, messages of death from a doctor, we had to find a way to cut the tension. Kevin Saycheureun, loved both what was happening on and off camera and because it all seemed to mesh the day went smoothly.

Move to the night shoot. It is cold outside, the temperature has dropped quite a bit, and I need the scene calls for me to get stabbed. This requires a close up of the wound which means I can't stay warm and wear a million layers under my costume. We drive to location and in the back of a car they put my stab wound on my side and I slip on my dress shirt and a light coat. I step into negative twenty weather and get the shot. Yes its cold but the crew is good, working efficiently to minimize how much time we are out there. We lay in the shot. Quickly review the stab for safety and after about twenty minutes I am jogging back to a car to get warm. The night is done, close to time and I am going home to get some sleep. Tomorrow's call time is six in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment