Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Complex: Opening Night (2010-07-01)

The crowd begins to come in and tension rises. The cast bounces sharing their fears and worries of opening night. For this show these tensions are necessary. For me opening night does not get to me. I trust in my scene partner, my director's work, the show and most of all me and my ability to bring my best to the stage and fulfill my role.

"How do you feel?", I am asked and I reply, "I don't know." For the past 75 minutes my only focus was my scene partner, my heroine addicted girlfriend, who is suffocating and abusing me. I did not hear the unwrapping of the candy, the coughing, the laughter, the tears. For 75 minutes I followed a journey that crushed my heart so that you could look inside the world and yourself to ask powerful questions. "I am happy that I performed" but your question asks "how I feel about the performance". I cannot see it, so it is up to you to let me know if you enjoyed it.

Watching you work was hard because it cut to my bone, I cried, I can't believe you open yourself up that much, wonderful, fabulous. All comments for me. Followed by equal praise for the company and the work we just did. I am proud to be a part of this stunning show.

No comments:

Post a Comment