Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday (2006-11-28)

Was the day that I was supposed to sit down and do the rewrites for the show. I got up at the prescribed hour, sat down at my computer and I found myself procrastinating. Throughout the day I was able to find various things to do, one of which was a trip to the beach. On my way, I surmised, with Alison, that it simply was not a day to write. I realized this because I was not feeling inspired. I knew what the first page was going to be but it went no further than that. In my mind there was still a jumble of thoughts that had to connect to that first page. In hindsight with it being a jumble, it would have been pointless to write, it would have come out scrambled. I learned that my process involves having a clear concept of where I am going, writing it down and then going back to edit. In realizing this I am now able to take some pressure off and write when it is necessary. I know and trust that I will get things done in the correct time frame because my mind is focused on it even when I am not writing actively.

With that said, tonight I sat down, dog tired and decided that I should write down what I have, maybe make some space in my head for new ideas. Just one page I said to myself, and seven hours later I had just about completed the script. I reached a point where it was just a jumble in my head again and I stopped, knowing the rest would come. All I need to do is trust my instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment