Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Complex: Closing Show (2010-07-11)

This has been a true ride and experience as an actor. The script needed to be cut down dramatically to fit the 75 min time slot. It was also in some respects a script in progress and as we rehearsed Jack saw some things working better and better and changes were made. In the end I learned a valuable lesson. I had come in with strong choices and goals and Jack took me down a different path. I followed trusting but not knowing fully and one day close to open I was like "but can I do this" "Yes" he replied. "Those were the choices I started with I was already there". But as we went forward with those choices I realized now how much more layered they were with all the work done on what seemed to be a tangental path.

This layered work shone with our last crowd (it was there for all audiences) but the last show everyone hit the beats right. It soared and I felt the depth of character in a different way. Thank you Jack, the experience has been one of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment