Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mazel & Schlimazel (2011-07-08)

Okay so I am bad at keeping this up to date. I just get so busy working on various projects that I don't have time for the updates. Bad I know, but at least I am busy.

What have I been doing for the past two months? Working on Mazel and Schlimazel. An original adaptation by Lorie Wolf, of the Yiddish Folk Tale by Iassac Bashevis Singer. 

This is a gem of mine. I get to play all the characters in this one man show. Why so much effort on this show? I love doing one man shows because they are to me the place where I can play to the chameleon qualities everyone says I have. I love creating distinct unique characters and bringing them to life, and here, in the one man format, I get to create five of them and play with them all at once. 

I spend my time developing them, making sure each walk is different, each gesture is unique, so that they all have a life of their own and the kids, did I mention it is geared for kids?, watching it will be engrossed with the characters and the story. They will laugh have fun and maybe pick up a moral or two.

What better a way to spend a day but playing on stage and helping young kids imaginations grow? What better way to practice my favorite aspect of acting, character creation, but to do it all in one show.

Ah glory glory. But the time and dedication that goes into this means few updates here. 

Come and see it. 
Specific show times www.fringetoronto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment