Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

London Diaries-Theatre Day (2011-10-14)

Today was the company's first day in the theatre; our home for the next three weeks. Wow! It is truly all I can say. To step into this gorgeous theatre, this historic theatre, and see on stage the period set, all lit and standing there in its grandeur. It was an overwhelming feeling. 

Now I have a good career behind me. I have travelled to exotic places, done many shows and had a great time. What I have not done, is worked in an A house or a big house. It is a different world. Everything is there, nothing is to want. The theatre works to ensure that the production is world which the audience will immerse itself in. So today I stepped into Julia Child's apartment on the Roo de Loo in 1940's Paris. What a wonderful experience. I am grateful on a daily basis, far to many people to name and recognize here, for the support that has brought me to this place. I am a lucky man to live my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment