Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Complex: Second Show (2010-07-02)

Tonight I hit the stage and something hit me. I am not sure what but the level of tension and the understanding of this character flowed over me in a way it had never before. The junkie side rolled in as a layer on top of the responsible man trying so hard to escape, and the lover trying even harder to hold on, to something that is not valuable to hold onto, the fear of letting it go and the realization that it was all happening now. This was my first minute of performance tonight, 72 minutes left in the show and all that could happen was to open up and go even deeper. I didn't have to try it was all there and as the play went on the emotions soared. I didn't hear cue lines, I heard someone running from me and I had to respond, to fight, to cry, to push, to run, to cower just to get her to hear me. And then she crumbled and I cried. There was still one more scene to go.

I got off the stage and everyone found the same thing I found respective for their character and our audience of sixty laughed and cried with us tonight; hopefully, they went home to hold someone dear.


No comments:

Post a Comment