Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Photographer (2007-01-28)

Today we met with our photographer. Now one of the challenges in doing this show is of course finding people who are interested in working at reduced rates, free, for promotional purposes etc. Our budget is meager and we do what we can to with it. So in my search for a photographer I called a friend who I knew would be suitable for the job. She was unavailable but recommended me to someone she trusted. I am so excited by this recommendation. He is someone I know loosely from the occasional gathering but not someone I know personally/intimately. I made the call, confirmed it was the same person and struck up a conversation. Our photographer had such enthusiasm for the project, as he put it ?lets just get the shots done?. It is so revitalizing to come across people who want to work because they love the work they do. Based on that I agreed without hesitation to meet him and off Alison and I went. She voiced some valid concerns around style of work and would it suit our needs. She cautioned, don?t just jump on the prospect because it is there. Sound advice to remember in all cases. We sat down to our meeting and chatted. His energy is just as vibrant in person, his love for his work evident. As the universe would have it, everything for a reason, Alison looked at his portfolio and smiled. We discussed ideas and came up with a concept for our poster. About an hour into the meeting we agreed on a day to do the shoot and all is set. One more piece to this big puzzle has fit into place. I am excited about the opportunity to do a photo shoot and exhilarated by working with someone who loves what he does. I am glad to have Steve Krug on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment