Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Setbacks (2007-02-23)

I just left the studio and am walking down a cold street in Toronto. Although I am talking with Alison about the amazing progress of the show as we walk I feel surprisingly empty. Maybe overwhelmed. Or maybe it is just a sense of relief masked by the fact that all the anxiety has slipped away. Originally we were to do our photography with Steve Krug. On the Tuesday before we were set to go he called to let us know he was unable to help us out. It was a shock and a worry instantly; however, I couldn’t hold it against him or begrudge him anything. His contract in Milan had been extended. Being that he was volunteering his time with us I am completely understanding to where his priorities lay. I was truly happy for him and at a loss for myself. What do I do? Steve once again proved to be the amazing person I wanted to work with. He immediately sent me the contact for another photographer he knew and did the initial set up for me. I couldn’t ask for anything else. I contacted Mark Kneeshaw by phone, enjoyed the chat, looked at his work on line and the deal was done. Everything worked out very smoothly; all that really occurred was a delay in our photo shoot by a few days. I think the universe was handing me a gentle reminder, something that can be held in any life aspect, but definitely needs to be held with shows: things don’t always run smoothly, setbacks happen and you can choose to let them crush you or you roll with the punches and come up with a new plan. Remember to keep a smile on your face as you rework because it really is part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment