Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Tomorrow (2006-11-20)

Is the day when, for the first time, I ask other people to tell me how my work impacts them. My fear is that it will have no impact whatsoever. Acting is so many different things for so many different people; for me, acting is about using my craft to effect positive change in people. To discover that my story, my work, is ineffective will be devastating. More devastating because it is not a fictional story, it is a personal story. I choose to share this story because I believe that many people relate to this journey and for those who have not yet understood this journey it may prove inspirational. I have been called an idealist and a dreamer before and tomorrow I face those words head on. Yet for all this fear I cannot help but see the other side of the coin. No matter what the audience gives it will help me grow. If I only receive "negative" feed back then I know I need to work to present the story differently to get the message across. It is worth the challenge just for that potential. Tomorrow is the day of my first public reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment