Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Producer & Updates (2007-01-10)

Already the New Year has started with a bang. 

The fair trade coffee shop was closed and we meandered across the street to the local pub. It was still early and this was to be a short meeting, introduction so tea rather than beer was ordered. A friend of mine had sent me her new website address just before Christmas and in taking a good look at the site I was reminded that she produced. How silly of me, I immediately called her and she was interested. Three days later we are here having tea. She and Alison seemed to get along right away, and the ideas starting flowing. Exactly what we were looking for, someone to take the bull by the horns and say this is how we get this done and this is how we have to do it. I am pleased to announce that Sedina Fiati has agreed to produce our show. There is a huge weight that has been lifted from my shoulders. In interviewing and discussing with people I found that like much else on this project it was nothing like I thought it might be. I for some reason thought that I would ask one or two people and then things would be underway. Very na?ve truthfully. Like everything else it takes time, you have to investigate, interview, ask questions and finally a fit will be found. I need to remember this is a process and it will not happen in one day.

In terms of updates and where I am sitting. The first piece of press has been released for the show. In late December the first in a series of articles, chronicling the journey of this one man show, was published in Toronto Exclusive Magazine. The articles are being written by a good friend Kelly Hope Taylor who worked with me to find a way to help promote this show. For the article and info check out www.torontoexclusive.com Next month I will be highlighted on the Theatre is Territory site, http://praxistheatre.blogspot.com/, I am very excited to answer the questions they have for me and be a part of this site. Finally, I start the edits on the latest draft and get ready for some more feedback soon. I think my greatest challenge at this point will be keeping it together to start mixing production with writing and rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment