Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ten Day Two (2011-02-20)

The drive in the morning is kinda brutal. Six in the morning to get to Guelph. But I love what I do. The director and I discuss character on the drive up and reassure each other we are on the same scene.

I am excited for the day, Ryan will be there for the morning. We are doing the argument which shows the separation between us. Once that is in the can, he will be struck and the afternoon into evening will be mine to play. I am the lead of this film so the last eight hours of shooting are dedicated to me and my work.

It is an exciting prospect to lead a film; to carry a story on my characterization. It makes me smile. I thought I would be nervous; in opposition to this I am exuberant. As much as I am excited, I recognize that I have a job to do, and I focus to bring the dark brooding Dave to life. Working through the day takes longer than the day before. The lighting set ups are more challenging than the previous day. So I have a chance to rest and study my script. The director and I work on things while the crew makes my apartment look amazing. Back to set to finish the day. The key scenes, my suicide and transformation. The day is much longer than expected; but, the director, DOP and myself are happy with the product and pleased with what we have done. The rest is up to the editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment