Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Breathe (2007-06-03)

As I lie on the table of the osteopath I am reminded of two things. 

One: actors need to take care of their bodies.

Two: breathing is essential to life. more so than that it is essential to my craft. When was the last time you breathed. Were you aware of the fact that there is a moment between each breath that you do not inhale or exhale? Have you ever relished in that moment, that two or three seconds when the body if full and perfect, not needing to pull in or get rid of? I read once in Stanislavski the importance of relaxing to create character. Every now and again I am reminded of it. I want to be reminded of it daily. Every single time I stop the thinking and just allow the breathing so much more flows through me. Everything becomes more natural. My mind creates more vivdly, I dream more. 

Intersting how breathing and keeping the body in shape go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment