Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the new site.

This is officially the first post on this new blog site.  It is my intention to do this regularly, but we will see what happens.  As you well know, being an artist of any nature has its ups and downs, it wet and dry moments.  Let me see if I can at keep the blogs going, a river of info.  HA HA.

Since the last post on the old site much has happened, keeping me away from posting.  First I was working on and trying to figure out how to get this site and the new website running. I am not very computer savvy so that took some time.

The other thing that was going on was my role in Teatron Theatre's A Tiny Piece of Land.  I had a wonderful time on this show.  As the lead it was a new experience.  Not to say I haven't played a lead before, as in my one man shows I am just that, and some time ago there was A Midsummer Night's Dream but there was something different about this one.  Having just come off of my gig in London, and watching other very talented professionals in leading roles during rehearsal lit the light bulb above my head.  I saw how they functioned, what they did to prepare.  All things I know and have used myself, but it was different to see it done and from that to translate it back to myself. So coming into this role I had a different perspective.  This perspective was also coupled with my work with Caroline Azar and the Archival Actor's Workshop, and Tom Todoroff Studios.  I feel the new perspective enriched my work.

With all that said in the next post I shall put up the reviews that came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment