Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sound (2007-03-22)

Last night after the full run we composed our Cue CD. I was getting worried, just a little, because we were having such a hard time finding a sound designer. Last week Kelly Hope Taylor put me in touch with Geoff Dolman who was excited to do the work. He had access to everything that we needed and his excitement was invigorating. He booked the space and off we went.

When I heard my first cue compiled it was so exciting; something so simple yet so exhilarating. It was exactly what I had in my head and now I was listening to it. Another piece of the puzzle fell into place. 

When I started this project I aimed to do a show that I would be proud of; on all levels. It was my intention to finally tell a story that is close to me and on that alone I knew I would be happy. For me though, it had to be more, I wanted to do what I always aspire to do; put on and perform in professional theatre. That to me means putting in the works, lights, sound, posters, a theatre. And here ringing in my ears was one of the last pieces to that vision. Twenty days to see how the public receives my work.

PS: The world seems ever smaller, Geoff Dolman is the brother of one of the people I worked with at Famous PEOPLE Players. Note, Michael P. Taylor our stage manager also worked for Famous PEOPLE Players and knows them. Six degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment