Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Final Show Entry (2007-04-22)

I just finished reading an email from a good friend who saw the show last night. I am moved by his response to the show I wrote and performed.

When I started this project it was with clear intent to showcase myself and hopefully open up a door into the casting which currently seems to elude me. As each day went by and each event brought me closer to the show I was reminded that I continue my career and my pursuits because I love what I do and the fact that I love to effect change and provoke thought. This reminder became the prevalent reason for doing the show and its driving force.

All in all the show was a success. From a producer’s point of view the show was a success; houses were a reasonable size, we worked in a “real” venue, and we have been presented with a number of options to take this show to a bigger platform. As an actor the show was a success; I feel and am told I did a great job, I showcased myself, I had the chance to perform, audiences applauded and in general seemed happy.

The above things are all wonderful, they have their meaning and their place. In truth however, they mean nothing compared to my friend’s email. I mentioned above that I do this because I want to effect change, I want to move people, I want people to think and as a result create a better world. With each night I knew I touched at least one person and that was excellent. Tonight I heard in person and in detail how I effected and provoked thought. My friend’s email was honest and full of emotion. I could not in my widest imaginings know that my impact could be so. This alone is the reason why this show is a success and it is all I need for inspiration on my next project.


No comments:

Post a Comment